Built in 1930, national monument
A staircase leads to a room behind steel doors. In this bunker, the staff could shelter from acts of war. The room has walls one-and-a-half metres thick, and a three-metre thick ceiling. This kept the bunker impervious to bombs and gas, but could not hold out against radioactive fallout. During World War Two, a command post was based here. After the war, the bunker was used for vibration tests of munitions packaging.
The Hembrug Museum tells the story of the arms and ammunition factory that was located on the Hembrugterrein in Zaandam.