The Zaans Museum respects your privacy and may process your personal data in the capacity of data controller as specified in the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The personal data that we process
- Your contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, and landline or mobile phone number
- Bank account details
- Data about the device you use to visit our website, including an IP address
- Personal data that you provide to us in the context of procuring products or services from us and in the context of attending meetings and activities
- The contents of your communications with us, such as when you contact us by e-mail, telephone, or by other means.
The purposes and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The Zaans Museum collects and uses your personal data for the purposes described below, on a legal basis. As long as the Zaans Museum has your personal data in its possession, these personal data will be used for the same purposes and on the same legal basis.
Necessary for the performance of an agreement
Your personal data are collected and processed to complete your purchase of products and request to deliver services. Additionally, we process your personal data to process any requests, complaints, or questions you may have.
Necessary for the protection of a legitimate interest of the Zaans museum
We may use the aforementioned personal data to improve our products and services and to better understand and approach our visitors and business contacts. This means that we analyse your use of our products and services and use this information to improve our products and services and to offer you a better user experience. As an example, we analyse which web pages you visit on our website.
Based on consent
If necessary, we will request for your consent to keep you updated on news or promotions involving our products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time. The process for doing so is explained below.
Necessity to comply with a legal obligation
We may use your personal data to comply with applicable legal obligations, requests of public or governmental institutions, and law enforcement.
Who receives your personal data?
Only authorized employees of the Zaans Museum can access your personal data to the extent that this is required to perform their tasks at the Zaans Museum.
We will not transmit the personal data you provide to third parties without your explicit prior consent, unless this is necessary in the pursuit of purposes as described in ‘The purposes and legal basis for the processing of your personal data’. This means that we can transmit your personal data to suppliers or service providers for the performance of agreements we enter into with you, such as processing payments. Additionally, we may transmit your personal data to public institutions for the purposes of complying with legal obligations.
We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, rectification, publication, loss, or unlawful use and to protect the correctness and integrity of your personal data. In order to ensure a security level appropriate for the risks, we take technical and organizational measures, including security regarding access to our systems.
How long do we retain your personal data?
What rights do you have regarding your personal data and how can you exercise these rights?
Based on applicable legislation and regulation you have a number of rights regarding your personal data, including:
- Right of access: At your request, we will provide – free of charge – information regarding your personal data that we process.
- Right to rectification: At your request, we will rectify, block, or erase any information that is factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for the purpose or purposes of the processing, or if the personal data are processed in a way that breaches a legal provision.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You can withdraw your consent for future processing of your personal data by us at any time.
- Right of opposition: You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Right to restriction of processing: If applicable, you have the right to restrict the Zaans Museum’s processing of your personal data. This means that your personal data cannot be processed or rectified, either temporarily or permanently.
- Right to erasure: If applicable, we will erase your personal data without unreasonable delay in accordance with the right to be forgotten.
- Right to object: If applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on reasons such as the Zaans Museum’s ‘legitimate interest’.
- Right to data portability: If applicable, we will provide you with a list of the personal data you have transmitted to us, so that these personal data can be transmitted to another data controller to the extent that this is possible.
If you wish to invoke one of your rights, you can do so by using the contact details listed below.
1509 AW Zaandam
What is a cookie?
Functional technology in this website
This website runs on the WordPress platform, a content management system (CMS) developed by Automattic. During your visit, WordPress uses a cookie to check whether your browser supports cookies. These cookies are not used for analyses but are purely for functional purposes. WordPress adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines. We therefore refer you to Automattic’s General Terms and Conditions.
These cookies are placed by Google as part of the Google Analytics and Google AdWords services. Google Analytics is a service that analyses websites and is offered by Google LLC. Through the use of these cookies, the Zaans Museum obtains insight into website visits in terms of visitor numbers and popular pages and subjects. The Zaans Museum can use this information to better tailor its communications to the needs of website visitors. The Zaans Museum cannot see who, meaning which PC, is visiting its website – such data are stored anonymously. Google LLC adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines. We therefore refer you to Google LLC’s General Terms and Conditions.
This website uses fonts provided by Google Fonts, an online service provided by Google LLC. Google Fonts measures how often a font is requested for downloads but does not store any data with which it can identify people. We therefore refer you to Google LLC’s General Terms and Conditions.
Videos on this website are provided by the YouTube streaming media platform. When you play YouTube videos, YouTube places cookies on your device and monitors which videos you watch. In doing so, YouTube may store data with which it can identify people. Before you watch your first video on this website, we request your consent to let YouTube process your personal data.
We use a Facebook pixel. By enabling this you can give your Facebook the opportunity to follow you on our website. This is called tracking. You can choose whether you want this or not.
Via this opt-out link you can prevent a user profile from being created, prevent Hotjar from storing data about your use of our website and prevent Hotjar using tracking cookies on other websites.
Your Privacy Settings on this website can be viewed on the following web page: Privacy Settings
You can set most internet browsers to reject cookies. The process for doing so varies per internet browser. More information about enabling, disabling, and deleting cookies can be found in your browser’s instructions or Help function.
If you set your browser to reject cookies, it means that you will have to set your preferences on this website during each subsequent visit to this website. It may also impair or disable some functions of this website.
These Privacy and Cookie Policies will be updated intermittently. The most recent versions can be found at https://www.zaansmuseum.nl/